Welcome back to the series for those who want to get to the top. When I first heard the phrase “birds of a feather flock together”, I thought it was not that impact-ful to our lives until I analyzed my relationships and compared them to those of some of the successful people I know. I noticed that their circles of association were intentional and influential in their success. It is a known fact that you are a reflection of the people you hung with. Keep this in mind every time you are getting into a new relationship with someone. Remember “Your income is the average of the incomes of the people with whom you hung with.” I bet your now thinking about those broke friends you must let go and I second it.
The quality of your life is also proportional to the kinds of thoughts you entertain. Therefore if the people in your world aren’t helping improve your thought power hence the quality of your life then they have to go. People in your relationships should have the following qualities among others:
- They should be supportive in regards to your goals in life.
- They should be able to give you constructive criticism
- They should be able to challenge your thinking and stretch your abilities
- They have to be better than you at something so that you can always learn from them
- They should always be improving in their own lives
Remember you also need to have these qualities if you expect them from others. Do unto others as you expect them to do unto you.
See you next time